Employers Of Working Holiday Makers

If you employ or plan to employ working holiday makers in Australia, you might need to read this paper.

What is a Working Holiday Visa ?

Working Holiday visas are designed to allow young people between the ages of 18 and 31 to travel to Australia for an extended holiday, and support themselves by working in Australia.

You can identify a working holiday maker as they will hold a Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) or Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462).

What you need to do ?

  • You should check your worker has the correct visa using the Visa Entitlement Verification Online service
  • must register with ATO to withhold tax at the working holiday maker tax rate before making your first payment to them. Penalties may apply if you fail to register.

How to register ?

If your business has an active ABN, you can register as a working holiday maker employer online or through a registered tax agent or by phoning ATO business line.

How to tax a working holiday maker ?

Once you register as an employer of working holiday makers you must withhold tax for them:

If you don’t register as an employer of working holiday makers, you must withhold tax for them:

Penalties may apply for failing to register.

If you need any assistance on register as a working holiday maker, please contact our Business Mantra experts. You can call us on (08)9242 3555 or email us at info@businessmantra.com.au.

Related Post

2022-23 Federal Budget Highlights

30 March 2022

Your monthly activity statement (BAS) is due on the 21st

10 February 2022

E-invoicing protects you against invoice fraud

02 February 2022

Login Account

Already a Rubnio Customer?

Invaild email address.

6 or more characters, letters and numbers. Must contain at least one number.

Your information will nerver be shared with any third party.